Ash Wednesday 2017 will be on March 1, and it marks the beginning of the Lenten Season. This period will last for 40, excluding Sundays and will end on Holy Thursday. In the Roman Catholic tradition, it is period of fasting and penitence and many people abstain from meat during this period. Church doctrine states people are obliged to abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday though it is also necessary to do so on all Fridays during Lent (not obligatory though). Fasting and abstinence? I thought I could share with you some meatless meals for lent.
Meatless Meals For Lent
Since Lent will be starting soon, I thought it wise to provide for you a collection of 15 meatless meals for Lent. They are vegetarian and seafood meals that would be very appropriate for this Lenten season in order for you to observe your fast and penitence. You can also use it on any day of the year. They look yummy! Enjoy!
1. Coconut Shrimp
2. Fish Tacos with Curried Broccoli Slaw
3. Tomato & mascarpone one pot pasta
4. Indiana Farmhouse Goulash
5. One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
6. One-Pot Burrito Bowls
7. Paleo Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake
8. Gluten Free Chips
9. Zucchini Tomato Casserole
10. Skinny Chicken Pesto Bake
11. Dukan Diet Chicken and Mushrooms with Asparagus
12. Summer Vegetables with Sausage and Potatoes
13. One-Pot Zucchini Pasta
14. Butternut Squash With Cumin Couscous
15. Fall Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
Enjoy your meatless meals for Lent 2017.
Recommended Reading: When will Lent 2017 Start? When is Easter 2017 When is St. Patrick's Day in 2017? Mother's Day 2017